A Research Scientist position is available immediately at Accutar Biotech.
Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Accutar Biotech, an innovative artificial intelligence (AI) drug discovery start-up company, is seeking a highly diligent, energetic, and self-motivated research scientist with a proven track record of accomplishment in the field of cell biology or a related field to join our exciting oncology drug discovery effort. The candidate is expected to independently conceive and execute experimental strategies to lead and support multiple projects and to interrogate cancer biology to understand the mechanisms of action for novel drugs and targets. The successful candidate needs to demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot various cell-based assays and to establish mammalian cell-line models using genetic approaches. The candidate should have extensive laboratory research experience and a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role. Strong communication and teamwork skills are essential as the candidate is expected to operate in a fast-pace multidisciplinary environment, interacting with diverse groups of experts within and outside of his or her scientific discipline. The position offers a unique opportunity for a talented scientist to develop his or her career and involves a broad scope of drug discovery.
This position will be hired based on level of experience.
- A Doctorate degree with a minimum of 2 years of postdoctoral research experience in cancer biology, cell biology, or a related field
- Ability to adapt to a “start-up mentality” and a collaborative and proactive attitude
- Demonstrated record of scientific achievement (i.e. a strong publication and/or patent record) and proficiency in mammalian cell cultures and standard biochemical, cellular, and molecular techniques
- Previous experience in in drug discovery and cancer biology research is preferred but not required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Accutar Biotech offers competitive compensation in the industry, a friendly and rewarding working and training environment, and realistic growth potential.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com.