A Research Associate position is available immediately at Accutar Biotech. Location: Brooklyn, NY
About the role
- Accutar Biotech, an innovative artificial intelligence (AI) drug discovery start-up company, is seeking a talented and motivated research associate to join a group of researchers in Brooklyn, New York. The candidate will play a pivotal role in developing biochemical cell-based assays as well as characterizing lead compounds in animal models to support the discovery of novel cancer therapies. The successful candidate should have a demonstrable record as both a professional team member and a creative problem solver. The position offers a unique opportunity for a talented scientist to develop his or her career and involves a broad scope of drug discovery.
Key job responsibilities:
- Design, develop, evaluate and implement well-controlled biochemical and cell-based assays to address target biology and drug biology
- Perform pharmacodynamic and efficacy studies of lead compounds in animal models
- Generate new cell line models to address project needs.
- Organize and present scientific data at group and project team meetings
- Maintain accurate and well-organized records and laboratory notebook.
- Oversee the laboratory inventory of supplies and equipment.
This position will be hired based on level of experience.
- A Bachelor or Master of Science degree, with more than 2 years of research experience in cancer biology, cell biology, or a related field
- Previous experience in drug discovery, either in an academic or industry setting, is preferred
- In vivo experience with mouse tumor models is a plus
- A high degree of proficiency in standard biochemical, cellular, and molecular biology techniques is required (transfection, ELISA, cell-based assays, immunoblotting, aseptic cell cultures, cloning, etc.)
- Proven ability to work independently and to design experiments and troubleshoot, interpret, and report data back to teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enthusiasm and passion for executing innovative scientific research
Accutar Biotech offers competitive compensation in the industry, a friendly and rewarding working and training environment, and realistic growth potential.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com